Oftentimes user might have to encounter inconvenience while accessing Time Machine backup sometimes. As popularity of Time Machine cannot be denied for sure. It ensures user to take backup easily along with restoring feature of that created backup. While at same time due to any unforeseen reasons user would come across with some issue in it. One such problem is when Time machine unable to access backup the disk wherein error message appears as
“The backup volume is read only”
However in this moment user won’t able to backup new file with Time machine. Therefore it is extremely significant that fix time machine errors backup volume is read only.
Precautionary Steps To Be Taken
- Primarily launch the system preferences and select Time Machine preference pane.
- Turn slider OFF.
- In case Time Machine drive does not mount on the desktop, run disk utility.
- Now choose Time Machine drive from Disk Utility, then click at Unmount button of tool-bar.
- Then come to Time Machine by launching the system preferences, select Time Machine preference and turn slider ON.
- Move to Time Machine off.
- Utilize Disk Utility to repair read-only issue.
- Disk Utility also used to repairing hard drives, disk permissions.
- After drive repairing ends, run Time Machine back on and now use drive.
This way you can able to resolve backup volume is read only issue. However if somehow there is file lost happen due to missing the backup then Mac Data Recovery Software can be used definitely.
Procedures For Mac Data Recovery
Step 1 : Start Mac Data Recovery Software after installing it.
Step 2 : Specify the volume.
Step 3 : File type need to chosen.
Step 4 : San result will display.
Step 5 : Select destination for storing recovered files.